Tag: 北京夜网


first_imgA man has appeared in court after being caught in possession of 10 stolen mobile phones.Gardai stopped Sabin Rostas at a routine checkpoint at Oldtown in Letterkenny, Co Donegal on February 24th last and discovered the phones. A Garda investigation showed the phones had been stolen at a number of local bars earlier.Rostas was arrested and when the charges were put to the accused man, he replied: “I did not take the phones.”The 28-year-old from The Green in Convoy, who denies the charges, appeared at Falcarragh District Court.Rostas’ solicitor Mr Patsy Gallagher applied for bail but Gardai objected.Garda Niall Murphy said he had fears that the accused man would leave the country.Mr Gallagher said his client could surrender his passport and identity card to the court but Garda Murphy said this would not prevent the accused travelling to the United Kingdom.Judge Paul Kelly said he was refusing bail because Rostas had a history of failing to take bench warrants.The case was adjourned to next Monday by videolink.Gardai said there may also be further charges against Rostas brought before the court.Man caught in possession of ten stolen mobile phones was last modified: May 17th, 2019 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:courtdonegalGardaipossessionSabin Rostasstolen phoneslast_img read more


first_imgClick here if you’re having trouble viewing the slideshow on your mobile device.LOS ANGELES — The Warriors’ 126-93 preseason loss to the Lakers Wednesday at Staples Center showcased both a Warriors’ weakness and a Lakers’ strength.With Stephen Curry taking a scheduled game off, the Warriors struggled to create offense for long stretches. Defensively, they didn’t have an answer for the Lakers’ size, especially when guarding the two-man game between forwards LeBron James and Anthony Davis.The …last_img


first_img29 April 2008Speaking at South Africa’s Freedom Day celebrations at the Turfhall Stadium in Landsdowne, Cape Town on Sunday, President Thabo Mbeki called for “all hands on deck” to tackle the challenges facing the country.Mbeki urged everyone to get involved in creating a new South Africa; to become the kind of citizens who did not do crime, were not racist, sexist or xenophobic, and who worked hard to make the country succeed.“We believe that by coming together and working in partnerships as government, business, labour, civil society and communities, we will succeed.”Mbeki admitted that the country faced many challenges. “There are still too many people who are poor,” he said. “There are still too many people without jobs. There are too many people without houses. There are still too many children who study in dilapidated schools.”There were also “other problems we must confront together as they impact negatively on the standard of living of the people. These include the national electricity emergency, the high food and fuel prices and the high interest rates”.Mbeki said that since the government’s call to South Africans earlier this year to work together to save electricity and help stabilise the national electricity grid, much had been done by both businesses and households, and he thanked the nation for their positive response.He said that even though progress had been uneven since the country’s first democratic elections on 27 April 1994, “there is no doubt that freedom has given us the possibility to move our country away from the terrible legacy of apartheid, opening opportunities in the quest for a better life for all South Africans.”Fourteen years after the first day that South Africans, irrespective of race, got to vote, “we walk tall because of collective efforts that culminated on 27 April being the country’s Freedom Day,” Mbeki said.Referring to a recent spate of racist and xenophobic incidents, Mbeki said these showed that South Africa still contained “pockets of backwardness” which had to be confronted. “We cannot allow racism and racist attitudes to prevail in our society, in our communities or in any of our diverse and varied institutions.”The President also spoke out against violence against women and children. “Clearly we can’t proclaim to be a free nation while women and children are not free to enjoy our freedom.”He said men had an important part to play in advancing affirmative social values and mending the social fabric that had been torn by “those that behave like animals”. Men had an important message to give to their compatriots, namely that “real men do not abuse”.Mbeki said that in the country’s work to transform the lives of its people, particular attention needed to be paid to young people, who faced increasing challenges, such as substance abuse, unemployment, crime and the absence of good role models.“Indeed, many of our young have to face difficult challenges at times without parental or adult guidance.“All of us, as a society, need to inculcate among the youth the ethos and ethics that help build great and successful nations; we need to help bring about a spirit of resilience in the face of what would seem formidable odds.“We need to bring up young people who know that, to sustain the progress of the last 14 years, we need skills and better education.”Source: BuaNewslast_img read more


first_imgShare Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue traveled to Indiana to participate in a series of events at the National FFA Convention in Indianapolis. Among the events, the Secretary moderated the #SpeakAg Dialogues and delivered remarks at Opening Session 1B. Here are some of his remarks from the General Session.Speaker_SecretaryPerduelast_img


first_imgRelated Posts Tags:#Apple#AR#Augmented Reality#eye tracking#SensoMotoric Instruments Follow the Puck Why IoT Apps are Eating Device Interfaces David Currycenter_img Apple has reportedly acquired SensoMotoric Instruments, a German eye-tracking and augmented reality company, for an undisclosed amount.SensoMotoric was founded in 1991 and primarily builds eye tracking hardware and software for industrial and commercial use. On its website, the company said its solutions can be deployed across a wide range of fields, including clinical research, neuroscience, VR, and AR.See Also: Eye tracking in VR/AR: The promise and the perilsMacRumors originally broke the news, revealing the trail that went from SensoMotoric to Apple. Like most of Apple’s small acquisitions, it did not publicize the acquisition, giving the same terse reply:“Apple buys smaller technology companies from time to time, and we generally do not discuss our purpose or plans.”It also did not purchase the company through official channels, instead using a shell corporation called Vineyard Capital Corporation to complete the acquisition. Gene Levoff, vice president of corporate law at Apple, signed business documents for Vineyard Capital, in relation to the acquisition.If that wasn’t enough, SensoMotoric has made some classic post-Apple-purchase moves, including the removal of blog entries, content disappearing from the website, and shutting support channels.Augmented reality is the next stepping stone for Apple and rumors of AR glasses have been swirling for the past year. CEO Tim Cook has kept excitement high, stating that AR could be as big as mobile and it is investing a lot of time into the new technology.Apple launched ARkit at WWDC 2017, a framework for app developers to build AR apps for the iPad. IKEA is one of the launch partners, planning to launch a revamped AR app that places realistic 3D models of furniture inside homes. Internet of Things Makes it Easier to Steal You… Small Business Cybersecurity Threats and How to…last_img read more


first_imgIn a terse reply to social activist Anna Hazare’s letter which charged her party with running a smear campaign, Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Sunday said she had already made her views clear on the issue in an earlier communique.”I received your letter dated June 9, 2011. Since I was not in Delhi I could not reply to your letter. In the meantime, you have also made it public. I will get information in this regard. As far as the questions about the issues raised in the letter are concerned, I have already made my views clear in my letter dated April 19, 2011,” Gandhi said.Hazare had written the letter to Gandhi complaining against Congress media department head Janaradhan Dwivedi calling him an RSS-BJP “mask”. The social activist had refuted these allegations and challenged the Congress, through this letter, to prove their charge.He had termed this a “conspiracy” of the Congress and the UPA ministers to defame him, so that he loses his support.He had informed Gandhi that he was hurt by these comments.In her reply to Hazare on Sunday, Gandhi has mentioned the April 19, 2011 letter to him in which she had said made clear that she does not support smear campaigns against anybody.”As for statements appearing in the media, let me assure you that I do not support nor encourage the politics of smear campaigns,” Gandhi had said in her earlier letter.She had also said that the Lokpal Bill is very much a part of the agenda of National Advisory Council, headed by her.advertisement”I believe there is an urgent necessity to combat graft and corruption. You should have no doubt of my commitment in the fight for probity in public life. I strongly support the institution of a Lokpal that is consistent with the practices and conventions of our parliamentary democracy,” Gandhi had said.- With PTI inputsFor more news on India, click here.For more news on Business, click here.For more news on Movies, click here.For more news on Sports, click here.last_img read more


first_imgSeptember 21, 2005The Double Cantilever Bridge model is already in Rome, but we want to continue the story of its restoration. For previous reports on this restoration see postings from 8/19 and 8/26. This model was originally cast by Paolo Soleri at Cosanti in the 1960’s.The Double Cantilever Bridge model is already in Rome, but we want to continue the story of its restoration. For previous reports on this restoration see postings from 8/19 and 8/26. This model was originally cast by Paolo Soleri at Cosanti in the 1960’s. Planning and Construction Intern Kim Young Soo files details on a restored part of the bridge. [Photo & text: sa] A plaster cast of the top support of the bridge stand is inserted into the connecting cavity at the bottom of the bridge. A plaster bandage support is wrapped around the cast. [Photo & text: sa] The support plaster bandage has set. [Photo & text: sa]center_img Workshop participant Joseph Murray paints the inside of the cavity with soap. More on restoration of this model on 9/23. [Photo & text: sa]last_img read more

Recent Comments