Chairman of DIP Peter Falkenham said: “In 2018, both the spread of our investments and our risk profile were put to the test. In order to make our investment portfolio as robust as possible, we have composed it of a range of different assets, and in particular our real estate investments have helped to ensure good returns.”Falkenham said the real estate result was achieved partly through positive market conditions but was also the fund’s efforts to develop and optimise the management of its existing property portfolio.“At a time when global equity markets are challenged, the property market shows itself to be stable and over the next few years we expect to increase our real estate portfolio.” he said.Real assets accounted for 16.3% of DIP’s investment portfolio at the end of 2018, up from the 14.8% allocation to the asset class a year earlier.In January, DIP and the Lawyers’ and Economists’ Pension Fund (JØP) bought a stake in a Danish office complex from Sampension in what JØP said was the biggest commercial property deal ever done between pension funds in Denmark.DIP said it was continuing in its talks with JØP about their plans to merge, and had asked its members to vote on the consolidation on 29 April.The pension fund said the merger would place the resulting joint pension fund among Denmark’s top 10 largest funds and give it access to more lucrative investment opportunities. The Danish Pension Fund for Engineers (DIP) plans to grow its real estate portfolio further after the asset class generated a 12.8% return for 2018.The result helped cushion losses in other areas, resulting in a full-year loss of 1.7% on its investment portfolio, according to its annual report.DIP – which is one of two pension funds for engineers in Denmark – described 2018 as an eventful and challenging year for the pensions sector.While total assets remained broadly unchanged at the end of December 2018 from the year before, at DKK41bn (€4.4bn), DIP said that over the past five years they had risen from DKK33bn in 2013.
Share FaithInternationalLifestylePrint Pope calls for action on sex abuse by: – April 5, 2013 64 Views no discussions Tweet Share Share Sharing is caring! The remarks were made in the new Pope’s first public statement on the clerical sex abuse issuePope Francis has called for “decisive action” in the fight against sex abuse of minors by priests.He told Bishop Gerhard Mueller, head of the Congregation for the Doctrine of Faith – the Vatican watchdog that deals with sex abuse cases – to ensure perpetrators were punished.It was the Argentine Pope’s first public statement on clerical sex abuse.A leading sex abuse survivors’ group has responded with scepticism, saying “actions speak louder than words”.The new Pope was elected last month, replacing Pope Emeritus Benedict, who became the first pope in 600 years to resign. When first elected, Benedict XVI promised to rid his Church of the “filth” of clerical sex abuse, but critics accused him of covering up abuse in the past and failing to protect children from paedophile priests.Victims of sex abuse by clergy had called for a strong response from the new pontiff to the crisis that has rocked the Church. ‘Old vague pledges’In his remarks on Friday, Pope Francis said combating the crisis, which has mired the Church in scandal from the US, Ireland and Europe to Australia, was important for the credibility of the Church.A Vatican statement said the Pope had urged Bishop Mueller to “act decisively as far as cases of sexual abuse are concerned, promoting, above all, measures to protect minors, help for those who have suffered such violence in the past (and) the necessary procedures against those who are guilty”.In 2011, the Congregation for the Doctrine of Faith called on bishops’ conferences around the world to submit guidelines for helping victims; protecting children; selecting and training priests and religious; dealing with accused priests; and collaborating with local authorities.Three-quarters of the 112 bishops’ conferences have sent in such guidelines, with most of those yet to respond coming from Africa, the Vatican says.The Survivors Network of Those Abused by Priests (SNAP) responded to the statement by calling for actions rather than words.“We can’t confuse words with actions,” SNAP Outreach Director Barbara Dorris told the BBC. “When we do, we hurt kids. “We must insist on new tangible action that helps vulnerable children protect their bodies, not old vague pledges that help a widely-discredited institution protect its reputation.”BBC News
By Jerry MackeyFARLEY, Iowa (April 22) – The 2016 IMCA Speedway Motors Weekly Racing season opener at Farley Speedway was held on Friday night with the drivers putting on a very entertaining night of races on an extremely fast racing surface.When the final checkered flag of the night flew at just past 10 p.m. it was defending track champion Tyler Bruening taking the opening night win in the very tough Out Pace Racing Products IMCA Late Model Feature. Bruening chased down race leader Jon Merfeld and made the winning move on lap 17 of the 25-lap feature.Mark Schulte drove to the opening night win in the Xtreme Motor Sports IMCA Modifieds. Schulte commented in victory lane “The track was almost scary fast tonight, but we had plenty of racing room to maneuver.”Schulte took the win over Matt Gansen.Tyler Soppe out raced a big field of GSI Collision Specialists IMCA Northern SportMods en route to an impressive win. Troy Bauer started dead last on the initial grid and came through the field to take second.Phil Holtz battled wheel-to-wheel with defending IMCA Sunoco Stock Car track champion Jerry Miles and came away with the opening night win. Holtz crossed the finish line a couple of car lengths ahead of Miles.Quinton Miller set out to defend his track championship in the IMCA Sunoco Hobby Stock class by taking the opening night win ahead of Luke Bird.
Charles F. Pursifull, 73, passed away on Monday, December 17, 2018 at Arbor Grove Village in Greensburg. Born, May 29, 1945 in Laurel, Indiana, he was the son of Elijah and Lillian (Richmond) Pursifull. Charles was a veteran of the United States Army. On October 19, 1989, he married Wanda Hollingsworth and she survives. Charles is survived by his wife, Wanda Pursifull, son; Kenneth Pursifull, step-children; Kim, Debbie, Jerry, and Chuck McKinney, brothers; Timothy, Albert, and Roger Pursifull, sisters; Clora Buchanan, and Louise Peters. He was preceded in death by his parents, brothers; Carlos and Saul Pursifull, and sisters; Ruth Murray, and Dora Smothers. Funeral Services will start at 11:00 am on Thursday, December 20, 2018 at Porter-Oliger-Pearson Funeral Home in Greensburg followed by visitation until 1:00 pm. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the family.
Redknapp claimed “somebody is trying to cause me a problem here, by talking to the papers”, following reports he is one defeat from the sack. The former Tottenham boss believes he retains the full support of QPR owner Tony Fernandes, but admitted he suspects challenges to his stewardship elsewhere behind the scenes. Harry Redknapp has accused a Loftus Road insider of trying to end his reign as QPR manager. The 67-year-old ex-West Ham boss admitted, however, he cannot guarantee he will remain in management next season. “I’m not sure yet,” said Redknapp when asked if he would continue next campaign, even if not at QPR. “When I get fed up with it I’ll wake up one morning and say ‘I’ve had enough’ but I’m not sure when that will be. It could be any time. “I’ve been through lots of bad situations, far worse than facing Man Utd tomorrow. “It’s up to the chairman, whatever he wants to do. I love Tony Fernandes and I don’t say that because I’m creeping up to him, it’s because he’s a great guy. And if he says to me ‘Harry, I’m going to go down a different route’, fine, that’s his choice, what can I do? “You do your best, that’s all you do. If someone goes out, falls over the ball and concedes a goal, what can I do? You can only try your best a nd I’ve had a great time, and I want to continue doing it. “I spoke to Tony yesterday, he’s not mentioned anything of that nature to me, and until he does, I’ll keep doing what I do. “It’s up to other people at the club. It’s not easy, no-one’s pretending otherwise.” Press Association Redknapp believes a win over Manchester United at Loftus Road on Saturday would wipe out any talk of him leaving the club. “Somebody is trying to cause me a problem here, by talking to the papers,” said Redknapp. “I know what the score is: I’m not silly, I’m very streetwise. Someone’s trying to cause me a problem I’m sure. “I wasn’t born yesterday. Someone has said something, b ut it’s not a problem. “I’ve never had it before, I’ve never been at a club before where someone has said I’m going to get the sack. And I don’t see why, who puts it in the paper? Someone’s put it in the paper. “If I win tomorrow it’s all forgotten. I’m not silly. There’s always someone trying to put the spoke in. “They should check everyone’s mobile phones and find out. That’s the best way, it’s easy.” Redknapp is determined to drag QPR to Premier League safety despite the club sitting 19th in the table.
Manchester City’s grip on the Barclays Premier League title was loosened further after a controversial Glenn Murray goal put Crystal Palace on the way to a 2-1 victory. Press Association Joel Ward pumped the ball back into the danger area after City had cleared a corner, Joe Ledley flicked it on and Dann’s shot was blocked by Hart only for Murray to tap in the rebound. City furiously appealed for offside, claiming both Dann and Murray were beyond the last man, but the flag stayed down and skipper Vincent Kompany’s lengthy protests to referee Michael Oliver proved in vain. But if there were question marks about the first goal, there was nothing wrong with the second three minutes after the interval. Murray was barged over 25 yards out and Puncheon stepped up to curl a stunning free-kick over the wall and beyond the despairing dive of Hart. City’s frustration grew when they had appeals for a penalty waved away after the ball appeared to strike Murray’s hand in the area. Toure’s ferocious curler 12 minutes from the end halved the deficit but they could not find an equaliser, with the final whistle sparking wild celebrations in south London – and probably parts of west London as well. So poor is their current form – three defeats in five matches – that City have suddenly found themselves as the team Liverpool and Tottenham will be eyeing up as they attempt to steal fourth spot and, unthinkably, deny them a Champions League place. By contrast it was another big scalp and a memorable night for Palace, whose revival under manager Alan Pardew shows no sign of letting up. The hosts gave City a warning that this would not be a routine assignment in the opening seconds when Martin Kelly whipped the ball in behind City’s defence. Puncheon slid in but could not get a touch and Wilfred Zaha, also at full stretch as he arrived at the far post, could only lift the ball over the top. It was a big chance and the miss almost proved costly when Sergio Aguero fashioned City’s first opportunity, racing onto Joe Hart’s long clearance and rounding Julian Speroni. With the angle too tight to shoot, Aguero squared the ball to David Silva but Palace keeper Speroni got back to deflect the shot over with his shoulder. Aguero took matters into his own hands moments later, shifting the ball to make space on the edge of the area and beating Speroni with his shot, only to see it come back off the foot of the post. With the pressure building a goal seemed inevitable, but when it came it went to Palace. Murray fired Palace ahead in the first half, despite both he and Scott Dann appearing to be offside, and Jason Puncheon crashed in a superb second to deal what looks to be a fatal blow to City’s already slim hopes of retaining their crown. The fading champions pulled one back through Yaya Toure but are now nine points adrift of leaders Chelsea, having slipped to fourth place following wins for Arsenal and Manchester United over Easter.
GUWAHATI: 3rd Intra Frontier Aquatic Competition 2019, organized by 33rd Bn ITBP at Dr. Zakir Hussain Aquatic complex, concluded today. Chief Guest of the event R.S. Chandel, Commandant, 33rd Bn ITBP, Guwahati, formally inaugurated the function. Officers and men of 33rd Bn, Team managers, players and coaches from various Sector head quarters of North East Frontier, ITBP were also present on this occasion.Three teams of Sector Head quarters Tezpur, Dibrugarh and Likabali of ITBP comprising of 23 players, team managers and coaches participated in the event.The Chief Guest expressed his pleasure as the trained swimmers of ITBP have taken part in the competition. He said that swimming is the best physical activity in a low cost in which whole body is moved against the resistance of water, thereby increase in physical activity which stimulates blood circulation and gives soothing effect to the mind.Constable Chandan from Tezpur sector was adjudged the best swimmer of the competition. Overall first position was secured by Tezpur Sector, second position by Likabali Sector and Sector Dibrugarh remained at third position. The winners will participate in the forthcoming 3rd Inter-frontier Aquatic Competion-2019 which will begin from June 19 at Dr. Zakir Hussain Aquatic complex in the city. R.S. Chandel, Commandant, 33rd Bn ITB Police felicitated the winners.Also Read: LOCAL SPORTS
THE Majority Stakeholders of Guyana’s Cricket (Berbice Cricket Board, the East Coast Cricket Board, Georgetown Cricket Association and Upper Demerara Cricket Association) have offered their sincerest congratulations to Richard Skerritt and to Dr Kishore Shallow on their ascendency to the presidency and the vice-presidency respectively of Cricket West Indies (CWI).Skerritt and Dr Shallow were elected last Sunday following the Cricket West Indies (CWI) elections held in Jamaica.In a release, the stakeholders said they are heartened and excited at this development and they know that the newly elected bosses’ strong, progressive and impartial leadership will revive the fortunes of our great game in the Region.Cricket-lovers throughout the region and beyond now eagerly anticipate the return of the West Indies to the pinnacle of world cricket under their capable leadership.The stakeholders said they are firm in their belief that the entire region is elated with their appointments and will rally round them and their committee in the interest of West Indies cricket.The stakeholders said therefore, they are looking forward to an urgent resolution to the crisis in the administration of Guyana’s cricket which has been ongoing since 2011.This includes the illegality of the current executives of the Guyana Cricket Board (GCB) as stated in a sworn affidavit emanating from the Ministry of the Presidency (with responsibility for Sport).Please be assured, the stakeholders said in offering their congratulations to the new Windies leadership, of our fullest support and cooperation as you commence to rebuild our beloved regional game both at the administrative and the playing levels.
Son suffered the injury in a robust first-minute challenge from Villa’s Ezri Konsa.The club did not specify how long Son would be out but Mourinho was pessimistic.“I’m not going to count on him again this season,” Mourinho said at a press conference on the eve of their Champions League Last 16 first leg match with German outfit RB Leipzig this evening.The other game of the night is the clash between Atalanta and Valencia.Mourinho is already without star striker Harry Kane – side-lined since January with a torn hamstring – and as the club enters a crucial period. Midfielder Moussa Sissoko is another long-term casualty.They host Leipzig on Wednesday and play Chelsea in a match that could prove pivotal to the fourth and final Champions League spot.“Heung-Min Son is to undergo surgery this week after sustaining a fracture to his right arm,” read Spurs statement.“The South Korea international suffered the injury during our win against Aston Villa on Sunday.“Following surgery, our medical staff shall be reviewing management options for Son’s rehabilitation with the player expected to be sidelined for a number of weeks.”Mourinho said he would have phrased the statement differently.“The club wrote a nice statement,” he said.“If I was the one to write the statement I would write different. We miss him,” added the 57-year-old Portuguese.Son was in a rich run of form having scored in each of the last five matches.With both Kane and Son missing, Lucas Moura or untested Irish youngster Troy Parrott may be required to play as central striker.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram CHAMPIONS LEAGUEKorean star Son Heung-min’s season could well be over said Tottenham Hotspur manager Jose Mourinho on Tuesday after the club said the player had fractured his right arm.The 27-year-old South Korean international forward suffered the injury in the 3-2 Premier League victory over Aston Villa – in which he scored twice including the late winner – on Sunday.